- Gerente de Segurança e Meio Ambiente
- November 30, 2018
Advises the organization on regulatory changes, investigates major accidents and incidents, and ensures risks are addressed. Supervises, participates and develops the training of employees on EHS policies, procedures and regulations. Ensures compliance to established standards and applicable Federal, State, and Customer/Governmental agency guidelines and requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for defining, implementing and tracking EHS core programs including safety training, site audits, and the implementation of EHS policies.
- Works locally on the creation, revision and implementation of safety procedures to improve EHS policies and standards as well as track its performance.
- Establishes full ownership, from defining to executing, of WindCom Safety Manual.
- Stays up to date on developments in legislation and advises the organization on compliance. Investigates accidents at client sites as necessary and assists in major incidents within the unit to ensure risks are addressed and problems are rectified.
- Responsible for managing EHS training and communication programs as well as PPE program.
- Establish and monitor EHS objectives, metrics and targets that reflect local needs and are aligned with company and legal expectations. Identify and support actions necessary to ensure these are achieved.
- Benchmark existing processes and best practice implementation into the unit and keep the company involved in main industry safety discussions and organizations.
- Provide response to customer’s concerns and findings as to represent WindCom to the highest standards. Tracks corrective actions taken in response to internal and customer audit/inspection findings.
- Participate in hiring and performance assessments, championing safety to associates.
- Influences and engage our people to WindCom’s safety practices with special attention to the field teams.
- Follow all Health & Safety and Environmental requirements that are defined on work instructions or communicated in training.
- Follow required emergency prevention and operational controls.
- Report all accidents, occupational illnesses and emergencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health, Safety or Environmental Management or
- Engineering or other associated discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others, friendly and personable.
- Excellent communication.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
Office and occasional field visits.