- Platform Team Lead
- January 13, 2017
- Effectively conduct composite repairs and inspections in the wind parks.
- The repairs and inspections will need to be conducted on ground and/or heights by following repair procedures elaborated by the Engineering Department.
- Maintaining a safe job environment by complying with all Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) policies.
- Communicating properly with customers demonstrating strong initiative and motivation to constantly learning new techniques and sharing ideas for better practices.
- Organize and plan daily activities.
- Inspect all Personal Protective Equipment and log all information on personal log book. (inspect full face mask, hard hat, harness etc.)
- Ensure all equipment necessary is in safe condition to properly use in job requirements.
- Reporting on a daily basis the time of the work performed for himself and the team under his supervision. Providing correct and accurate details of the work performed.
- Make sure all repair reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Completing on a daily basis all JSA’s and work permits for the job site.
- Creating a strong communication bridge between corporate office and field staff.
- Responsible for all equipment (from rental vehicles, platforms, generators, materials etc.)
- Keeping an accurate inventory of all materials at site while the project is ongoing.
- Request in a timely manner all consumables in order for the project to run smooth.
- Responsible to report all near misses, injuries and accidents of all type.
- Inspect on a daily basis the platform and all components (generators, ropes, hoist etc)
- Record and report any issues and concerns to Operations & EHS Manager to make an assessment if platform and/or equipment is operational.
- Make sure that Uptower Platform procedure is followed on daily basis to keep a safe and consistent work habit.
- Provide evaluation of employees when needed or required.
- High School Diploma;
- Basic computer (Windows and Microsoft Office)
- Work experience in construction or factory environment
- Physical ability to climb a wind tower and work at heights (either off ropes or suspended access solutions)
- Physical ability to lift up to 75 pounds
- Willingness to work across the U.S and also in other countries/continents where WindCom has offices or projects – Projects assignment can last up to several months away from home
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Background check conducted
- Experience with composite repairs (Desired)
- Daily Per Diem when traveling
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Benefits
- Company Matching 401k
- Vehicle, Fuel, PPEs, Lodging
- Evaluations for Promotion and Career Path